Certified Financial Group (Altamonte Springs, FL) Seeking Operations Specialist
Certified Financial Group, Inc. has an opening for an Operations Specialist position. The Operations Specialist is an integral part of our team and serves as a key connection between our clients, support team, and advisors. The person in this role will work closely with other team members to support processes, projects, and systems to drive firm initiatives, productivity, accuracy, and streamlined business processes. The Operations Specialist is the subject matter expert in our portfolio management system and must have a high level of proficiency in the tools, applications, and technology that our team uses to serve clients and accomplish company tasks.
The duties of this position will evolve over time depending on firm initiatives, and the development of specific skill sets. Applicants should understand their duties may change on a day to day basis as they assist the Advisory, Operations, or Administrative team with projects of high priority to our clients and the growth of the firm.
Areas of Responsibility
Operations, Portfolio Maintenance and Performance Reporting
- Support the Chief Operating Officer with special projects and initiatives to support firm productivity and growth
- Manage the accuracy and upkeep of portfolio management system such as executing new account set-ups, portfolio and account cancellations, and other account updates
- Lead firm reporting efforts, including oversight of quarterly statement process, ad hoc portfolio reporting, and integration of data and reporting with CRM
- Prepare and distribute quarterly Advisor forensic reports and quarterly Compliance audit reports
- Conduct ongoing account audits and data reviews
- Support new client and account onboarding process to include client setup across client facing platforms, initiating and following through on new client onboarding processes (new account opening, setting up client online portals, client document vault set up, etc.)
- Prepare and manage firm standard operation procedures, workflows, and business processes. Develop and/or improve business processes and workflows as needed.
- Become subject matter expert, build targets and reclassify assets as necessary for firmwide portfolio management platform
- Become subject matter expert for firmwide Fi360 fiduciary platforms
- Serve as liaison with fund custodians, technology vendors and solutions providers that support firm operations and financial planning processes
- Independently manage and execute a variety of operations and process improvement initiatives
- Analyze current processes, recommend process improvements and work with Advisory, Operations, and Client Service team to streamline stages of the client lifecycle using technology, workflows and other improvements
- Provides training to team as requested such as CRM, portfolio management system, and document management system, etc.
- Backs-up Client Service Specialists reviewing new account applications, account maintenance, and other account related requests with custodian and others as directed
- Back up and support operations, client service, planning and other departments as needed
- Support CFO with administrative work such as coding, scanning and filing firm invoices and commissions
- Support vendor management, including research and selection of new vendors, documentation and primary point of contact for office and/or operations related billing and other matters.
What we seek in a candidate
- 5 or more years of successful client service or operations experience; preferably finance operations within wealth management or other financial institution
- Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in business or related field
- Experience with Black Diamond, or other financial account and portfolio management system is ideal
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM experience is highly preferred; Salesforce Admin experience is a major plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft software is highly preferred
- Demonstrated passion for the financial planning and financial services profession
- Someone who is a team-oriented creative thinker and leader
- Someone who is a self-starter, takes initiative and is excited about taking a project from ideation to completion; Project management experience is preferred, but not required
- Ability to identify, meet, and follow through with internal and external client needs and requirements • Organized with a strong attention to detail and ethical standards
- Ability to think strategically to improve internal client service systems or develop procedures
- Commitment to team culture, development, and professional growth
- Competitive salary based on education, experience, and skills
- Competitive health insurance package with medical and dental options
- Flexible paid time off
- Access to company 401(k) and profit sharing retirement plan
- Bonus and client referral eligible
- Professional association membership dues
- Tuition and professional certification expense reimbursement
- Ongoing professional development and support of career development and growth
Our services, approach, and culture
Certified Financial Group, Inc. provides team-oriented, comprehensive personalized financial planning, investment, and wealth management services for a fee. We take our brand purpose of Building Peace of Mind Together! to heart and embody the values Strive for Excellence, Integrity, Forward Thinking, Focused On Others, and Responsive. Our CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals and support teams impact lives throughout the Central Florida community and beyond with their expertise and superior client service. For more information about our firm, visit www.financialgroup.com.
Applicants must be able to pass a background and credit check.
Interested candidates should get in touch at HR@FinancialGroup.com.