Christopher Street Financial (New York City, NY) Seeking Financial Client Service Specialist
OPPORTUNITY Financial Client Service Specialist (CSS) WHO WE ARE Christopher Street Financial (CSF) is a unique financial planning and wealth management firm based in New York City with clients nation-wide. Founded in 1981, Christopher Street Financial started as a dream and a commitment to provide a safe, equitable space for the gay, lesbian, and allied community to have access to professional, high quality financial advice and investment services.
A lot has changed since the birth of Christopher Street, but one thing has not: our commitment to provide high quality financial planning and investment services for the LGBTQ+ community and those who share our values. We now serve over 450 households and manage over $700 million in assets. And while we are still experts in the unique financial, tax, and legal needs of unmarried couples, as time has gone by, we have seen a wider spectrum of people seeking out Christopher Street Financial to find a safe partner to explore their financial journeys.
Our mission is to build life-long client relationships. We design life plans and investment strategies that are designed to protect and build client wealth. Our team of professionals is committed to a goals-driven investment philosophy, disciplined approach, and impact investing leadership. By trusting us with their wealth, clients are trusting us with their future and with their peace of mind.
WHO YOU ARE As a Client Service Specialist (CSS) at Christopher Street Financial, you will be a critical part of the overall client experience. Reporting directly to the Director of Client Services, the CSS is an experienced client service position that supports all stages of the client relationship, including account setup, support, and maintenance. You will be responsible for delivering premium client service through direct client communication and coordination with other members of the CSF team, including advisors.
The role is fast-paced, and timely, highly accurate work product is essential. Clear, responsive, and professional communication is also critical.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and process account documents for:
- New accounts
- Transfers of assets from other financial institutions
- Client contributions and withdrawals
- Trade within accounts
- Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) monitoring and processing
- Beneficiary designations
- Death claims
- Authorization of Power of Attorney and guardianship
- Securities-Backed Lines of Credit
- Check and stock certificate deposits
- Monitor and complete critical account workflows
- Receive transaction requests from advisors or directly from clients
- Utilize paperless procedures (including eSignature) where available
- Successfully partner with Broker Dealer for new account establishment, account maintenance, and compliance
- Support and collaborate with the Financial Advisors
- Provide solutions in response to incoming correspondence from clients
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Client Services
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. A degree in a business or finance-related field is preferred.
- Prior experience working in financial services and client services. Previous experience working at an RIA or financial planning firm is highly preferred.
- Series 65 or the desire to pursue licensing is preferred.
- Experience and strong comfort in using a range of technology including CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce) and custodian platforms.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and Word. § Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a propensity for learning.
- Enjoys working “behind the scenes”.
- Highly adept at completing multiple, simultaneous tasks expeditiously and accurately with exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-starter, with an ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply company’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through verbal and written correspondence.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
ATTRIBUTES At Christopher Street Financial, to be successful in this role, employees must possess the following attributes:
- They are deeply service-oriented and experience true empathy for clients.
- They understand that client satisfaction is key to our success.
- They know that integrity is at the core of the financial advisory industry.
- They have the initiative to bring insights to the team and the ability to implement best practices.
- They embrace the efficiencies of using and implementing new technologies.
- They work well in a team and enjoy achieving success with others.
- They efficiently manage multiple team and personal assignments with deadlines.
- They take thoughtful, decisive actions and accept full ownership and accountability.
- They can adapt their communication style to create meaningful connections with diverse clients and coworkers.
- They are good-natured, happy, and engaged in what they do.
- They enjoy working hard in an atmosphere where collegiality, respect, and a balance between work and personal time are valued.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS Christopher Street Financial offers competitive base salary commensurate with experience and an annual bonus based on Individual and firm-wide performance. The annual salary range for this role is between $75,000-$90,000. Employees may also have the opportunity to participate in profit sharing. We offer a career track with an opportunity for increasing responsibility and reward.
We offer the following competitive benefits:
- Hybrid Work Setup – Combination of in-office and work-from-home days
- Paid Vacation – 20 days of paid time off
- Health Insurance – 100% employer-paid base option with seven upgrade options
- Paid Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) options with 4% employer match
- Personal Wellness Reimbursement – up to $1,000
- Charitable Giving Matching – up to $250
- Adoption and Paid Parental Leave benefits – 12 Weeks
- FSA/HSA, pre-tax commuting, and additional voluntary benefits
CSF is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone on our team.
Interested in applying? Email: email@example.com.