Diversified Portfolios, Inc. (Bloomfield Hills, MI) Seeking Financial Planning Associate
Title: Financial Planning Associate
Company: Diversified Portfolios, Inc.
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Summary: The primary purpose of the Financial Planning Associate is to be a bridge builder between all members of the advisory team. Some of the main duties include preparing meeting materials, assembling financial reports, modeling in financial planning software, ensuring actions are completed in our CRM system, and conducting client specific research. We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about helping clients, good communicators, self- starters, reliable, organized, and are able to follow-through on activities in a timely manner. This position requires the ability to work well in both a self-directed manner and in a collaborative
team environment. Versatility, flexibility and empathy are all keys to success.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assemble the deliverables for client review and prospect meetings, including items such as: portfolio performance reports, financial planning materials, prospect portfolio reviews, and occasional custodial paperwork.
2. Assist with executing trades in client accounts, and managing and monitoring allocations using portfolio rebalancing software
3. Participate in various quarter-end processing functions (data audits, reporting and billing)
4. Provide year-end and tax season support, such as: delivering 1099s, cost basis research, management fee reporting, contribution research, RMD monitoring
5. Deliver high quality client service in a professional, caring, and compliant manner
6. Communicate effectively in person, in writing, and verbally with clients, prospects, and others in the organization.
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (in finance, economics, or business preferred) with at least three years’ experience in financial services or related industry.
- Demonstrated financial literacy and ability to work with numbers.
- Strong proofreading and effective communication skills.
- Ability to maintain utmost discretion in working with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Perform duties in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- Competency in all aspects of the Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel) and ability to learn new software and technologies (e.g. Tamarac, RightCapital or MoneyGuide Pro, Salesforce)
Interested candidates should reach out to email@example.com.