Erik Nelson – Experienced Senior Leader Candidate (Willing To Relocate)
Executive Summary found here.
Colorado Springs, CO ♦ 817-914-4516 (C) ♦ email@example.com ♦ www.linkedin.com/in/erednelson
Accomplished Senior Leader with a broad range of operational, management and leadership experience in the financial services industry. Demonstrated success in overseeing global, multi-site, multi-function operations in support of demanding asset management customers. Recognized ability to collaborate across business groups and lead cross discipline teams to provide superior operations support and customer service to internal and external business partners and customers. Proven track record forging key partnerships, effectively communicating with all levels of the organization, building and leading high performing teams and setting clear goals aligning with the overall goals of the organization. Self motivated leader with strong work ethic and proven ability to manage competing priorities towards accomplishment of the organizational mission.
CORE AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Operations Leadership ♦ Effective Communication ♦ Collaboration ♦ Talent Development
Cross Organization Influence ♦ Global Team Leadership ♦ Building Highly Effective Teams
ACCELERATED WEALTH & ACCELERATED WEALTH ADVISORS
13570 Meadowgrass Dr, Suite 120, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
July 2016-September 2020
Chief Development Officer (October 2019 – September 2020)
Responsible for the leadership and successful completion of strategic initiatives in support of the firm’s goal of expansion through organic growth, identification and onboarding of Advisors and Mergers and Acquisitions.
▪ Play a leadership role on the Senior Leadership Team of Accelerated Wealth and Accelerated Wealth Advisors in determining the appropriate strategic initiatives to enable significant growth and expansion
▪ Develop and execute appropriate project plans to successfully complete and implement strategic initiatives
▪ Provide support and direction to all departments within the firm to ensure proper implementation and adoption of initiatives.
Chief Operations Officer (July 2016 – October 2019)
Responsible for setting the strategic direction associated with Operations, ensuring proper execution of all operational activities and strategic initiatives while serving as a member of the Senior Leadership Team of two entities. Accelerated Wealth (AW) and Accelerated Wealth Advisors (AWA) account for over $50M per year in Insurance and Annuities sales and over $210M in assets under management.
▪ Support of 13 advisors/agents across 5 cities.
▪ Direct and lead a small team of operational personnel with broad and varied responsibilities.
▪ Improved the operations infrastructure through evaluation and implementation of solutions to system and operations issues.
▪ Responsible for leading the Compliance Operations function for approximately 2 years until an internal CCO was identified and hired. This responsibility encompassed oversight of compliance functions including: audits, regulatory inquiries, policy interpretation, policy violations and monitoring activities.
▪ Oversaw the successful completion of AWA’s first SEC examination.
▪ Implemented a strategic reporting and fee billing system for AWA gaining efficiencies through automation of manual processes and improving the client experience.
▪ Responsible for the operational evaluation and implementation of new investment strategies.
▪ Provide counsel to the AWA Investment Committee on all operational matters.
▪ Provide leadership and direction as AWA grew in assets from approximately $100 M to $213M in AUM since 2016.
▪ Led the effort to onboard and train new advisors associated with operational requirements.
▪ Responsible for vendor management and contract negotiations/implementations in support of AW and AWA.
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Fidelity Pricing and Cash Management Services
Boston, MA; Merrimack, NH and Westlake, TX 1999-June 2015
Vice President – Reconciliation Services, Treasury Operations and Transfer Agent Accounting & Control (2013-6/2015)
Responsible for the consolidation and leadership of this diverse group of operational functions including daily consolidation, reporting and oversight of shareholder activity and the movement of cash between Transfer Agent and Custodian bank accounts ($20B daily) and key daily reconciliation of cash and securities positions.
- Planned and implemented the reorganization of the Treasury Operations and Transfer Agent Accounting & Control (TAAC) and Reconciliations Services groups including transitioning from the Middle to Back Office in support of the FPCMS Service Strategy
- Led an organization encompassing 70 domestic and 60 global associates and management across two domestic and one
- Oversaw vendors for two systems supporting key operations.
- Reduced total cost of ownership in the Reconciliation Services team by 10% in one year through centralization and offshoring.
- Implemented multi-year plan to reduce Total Cost by an additional 30% by 2017 through efficiencies, centralization and off shoring.
- Successfully oversaw multiple systems initiatives ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery.
Vice President – Reconciliation Services (2009-2013)
Responsible for the consolidation of several reconciliation teams providing centralized and consistent reconciliation services for multiple functional areas. Led and directed the consolidated team of approximately 22 domestic and 20 global associates and management across three domestic and global sites, ultimately consolidating in one domestic site and increasing the capacity, capabilities and scope of responsibilities of our India team.
Vice President – Trade Operations and Reconciliation Services (2007-2009)
Led and directed a multi-functional, multi-site, global organization of approximately 57 domestic and 20 global associates and management supporting Securities Trade operations and Bank Reconciliations operations in support of Fidelity’s multiple Investment Advisors.
Vice President – Securities Lending and Cash Operations & Oversight (2007)
Led and directed a multi-functional team of approximately 25 associates and management responsible for the day to day
Securities Lending, Cash Operations and Cash Oversight Functions.
Vice President – Control Monitoring (2004 – 2007)
Appointed by Fidelity Senior Management to create and direct a group of 8 associates and management responsible for
cross channel monitoring of specific Fund policies to ensure consistent policy application and enforcement.
Director – Securities Lending Operations and Position Reconciliation Services (2003-2004)
Directed a group of 7 Securities Lending staff and 6 Position Reconciliation staff in the daily operational responsibilities in
support of the Fidelity Group of Funds.
Director – Cash Management Oversight (2000-2003)
Directed 2 senior Treasury Analysts providing analysis, reporting and cash management oversight services for the Fidelity
Group of Funds on behalf of the Fund Treasurer’s Office. Including direct INTERACTION WITH FIDELITY CHIEF INVESTMENT
OFFICERS, PORTFOLIO MANAGERS, TRADERS, TREASURERS, BOARD OF TRUSTEES AND OTHER OVERSIGHT GROUPS.
Manager – Cash and Banking Operations (1999-2000)
Managed a team of up to 8 associates in day to day money movement operations, bank balance monitoring, manual check
replacement operations and other cash management activities in support of Fidelity’s fund transfer agents and shareholders.
EVERGREEN SERVICE COMPANY, Boston, MA (Previously known as Keystone Service Company)
Held several positions of increasing responsibility over my career at the Boston based mutual fund company, was responsible for managing teams from nine to thirty employees while also being a project lead on several key initiatives during the eleven years.
Assistant Vice President – Transaction Processing (1998-1999)
Manager – Adjustment Control (1995-1998)
Manager – Bank Reconciliation (1989-1995)
Associate – Bank Reconciliation (1988-1989)
Gordon College , Wenham, MA
Minor in Business Administration