Gibson Capital (Wexford, PA) Seeking Investment Analyst
Gibson Capital, LLC, is an SEC Registered Investment Advisory firm based in Wexford, PA*. The firm was founded in 1989 and was recently recognized by Investment News as one of the 75 Best Places to Work in our field for 2021 (https://bestplacesforadvisers.com/15-29/gibson-capital/). We provide comprehensive fee-only investment advisory and wealth management services. We currently manage approximately $2 billion in assets for about 170 high-net-worth individuals, foundations, and retirement plans nationwide.
We are seeking an experienced candidate to join our firm as an Analyst. The Analyst provides support and leverage for the firm’s Advisors as they conduct investment research and serve clients of the firm. The Analyst also contributes technical investment expertise to our research efforts. S/he will participate in internal investment research meetings and interface with current and prospective investment management partners. The Analyst may also lead internal research discussions and present research to the Advisors, Director of Investment Research, and Chief Investment Officer.
Significant client service functions include assistance with portfolio strategy implementation and trading, custom performance report preparation, and analytical support for investment or financial planning recommendations. The Analyst also assists with the coordination of client operational needs.
Attributes of Qualified Candidates
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, economics, or a related field of study
- Professional designations such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Financial PlannerTM (CFP®), progress towards such designations, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated grasp of financial instruments, financial markets, and investment vehicles
- Experience with private market investments (private equity, private real estate, etc.) is a plus
- Genuine passion for applied investment research
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in learning
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and the desire and ability to contribute to the team
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues and business partners
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Flexible attitude and approach to work and ability to meet deadlines
- Openness to the ideas of others
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance principles
- Experience with portfolio management systems, custodial trading and client service platforms, investment research software, Client Relationship Management (CRM) software, rebalancing software, and the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Teams
Join Our Team
Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate their investment knowledge and discuss their investment philosophy. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter outlining your salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
This position offers opportunities for professional growth and development with a competitive salary and benefits package. We currently offer our full-time employees and their dependents (without other coverage) medical insurance at 90% of the premium paid by the firm. Employees can elect to purchase vision and dental coverage under Gibson Capital, LLC’s plan at the employee’s expense. Other benefits include: Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance including an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a flexible Paid-Time-Off policy, paid sick time, the opportunity for performance and discretionary bonuses/raises, and participation in the Gibson Capital, LLC 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan.
Gibson Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing all employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. Employment decisions at Gibson Capital are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, family status, sex, or sexual orientation.