Glassman Wealth Services (Tysons Corner, VA) seeking COO / Chief of Staff
You are the glue. You will hold us together. At the same time, you are a unique two- sided coin. One side is people-oriented. You have a very high EQ, excellent interpersonal skills, and you are able to motivate co-workers and hold them accountable in all areas. At the same time, on the other side of your personal coin, you are very detail-oriented and will dot the necessary i’s and cross the necessary t’s.
Does this sound like you? If so, read on.
Glassman Wealth Services has won many Best Places to Work awards because we put people first. But, we are in a buttoned-down industry, and we’re managing over $1.7 billion of our clients’ hard-earned money, so we need to be absolutely certain to transparently adopt and follow all appropriate policies and procedures. Given these two interests, we are seeking a talented, friendly, open-minded, slightly obsessive Chief of Staff / COO to work closely with Barry Glassman, the founder and visionary leader of Glassman Wealth. In your cover letter, be sure to mention how you have worked well with a visionary in the past.
Our new Chief of Staff / COO will…
- Work closely with founder, Barry Glassman, to fine-tune his vision for GWS and to implement it in the most efficient and profitable manner, being a reality check when necessary.
- Pay close attention to and ensure compliance with all regulatory and company requirements.
- Possess a strong ability to filter through competing interests and to prioritize them.
- Manage the Glassman Wealth team to set, measure, manage and achieve their goals.
- Oversee the business operations, including payroll, benefits, technology, and financials.
- Be organized. No, we mean it. Really organized!
- Be a steadying influence on the team and have the proverbial finger on the proverbial pulse of GWS.
- Have a growth mindset. No cynics please!
Your experience and education should include:
- A minimum of ten years of experience in increasingly responsible positions—no direct financial industry experience is necessary, though it’s certainly not a negative.
- A bachelor’s degree. Advanced degrees and certificates are great, but not an absolute requirement.
- Business plan execution. Prior P&L responsibilities for a company or division a major plus.
- Experience using behavioral and personality testing such as Myers-Briggs, Kolbe, DISC, etc.
Benefits of working with us? Just take a look: Cool benefits
Does this sound intriguing? If so, we’d like to hear from you! We are an equal opportunity employer with no preconceived notions about who will fill this position. If you are the successful candidate, we promise to pay you a competitive salary and you will be eligible for all sorts of other benefits including a bonus plan that you will help us to refine. Since we are taking a very open-minded approach to this search, please include your compensation range.
We look forward to hearing from you!