Glassman Wealth Services (Vienna, VA) Seeking Operations Associate
**This position is currently remote, but the candidate will be local to the DC metro region (note our office location in Tysons Corner, Virginia).
Can a company be amazing, growing, respected, and fun? This one is! And we’ve won numerous Best Places to Work awards to prove it because we put people – all people – first. Read just one way we make this value our reality.
We are Glassman Wealth Services, a wealth management firm based in Tysons Corner, Virginia, and we are seeking an Operations Associate that is passionate to do ‘the’ work and celebrate all of the wins. Ideally, you’ve held a similar position within Financial Services and are familiar with investment language and money movement, and you appreciate the nuances of client service and support.
As a successful candidate you will thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, people-focused and community-oriented. You will be honest, approachable, and reliable. You are motivated with a service-oriented attitude toward our clients as well as our advisory team. You will balance multiple priorities in a variety of ever-changing situations. We rely on you to be an integral part of the operations infrastructure that supports our advisors and our clients.
Bottom line: we share a vision for enriching the lives of our clients and you do too. You want to carefully orchestrate the client and team experiences – every. single. day. You are trust-worthy, detail-oriented, and understand the sensitive nature of the work and enjoy the highly interpersonal relationships of this position. You should want to have fun in the job while taking it seriously and being amazing at it.
The nitty gritty details of your responsibilities and what will make you successful are spelled out below. We encourage you to read them carefully before applying. If—when you’ve reviewed and re-reviewed the specifics—it sounds like we are talking about you, then don’t wait. We want to hear from you! But please: no phone calls; we’re serious about that.
And consider this: we are an equal opportunity employer, and we promise to pay you a competitive salary commensurate with experience in addition to all sorts of other outstanding benefits. We value our employees, and we’re not afraid to show it. (Really, it’s true – take a look at our Awesome Benefits).
In this role you will:
- Maintain our sophisticated investment accounting system and handle daily emails, alerts and tasks.
- Administer frequent advisory operations tasks to include money movement, account transfers and client paperwork.
- Process data entry updates, perform data maintenance and keep our digital files organized.
- Work collaboratively with the team to provide support on complex projects like billing, reporting and compliance, as needed.
- Be stellar at tracking the details and specifics of tasks and to-do items while communicating their progress.
- Have an intense curiosity and be willing to dive into unchartered territory to solve problems.
Our expectations of you:
- The integrity you bring to the role is next-level.
- You must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with our clients and internal team.
- You are organized and attentive with a keen eye for the details; you like to investigate the specifics and already have plans to learn more about us and what we’re about.
- You are reliable, steady and consistent; these qualities come so naturally to you, you hardly know you’re doing them.
- The know-how to handle confidential information sensitively, manage competing demands and expectations, and demonstrate the highest level of client service; it is ingrained in you.
- You respect deadlines, details and ever-changing priorities; you have a “get it done and get it done right” mentality.
- You begin your cover letter by telling us one goal you’ve set for the new year.
- You are a highly resourceful and collaborative team player while also effective working independently; you also know your capacity and are willing to expressly communicate constraints.
- You are flexible and open to change, regular change. We mean it; this is a must.
- By joining our team, you will enhance the Glassman Wealth brand and culture as a Best Place to Work.
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two to three years of strong and relevant work experience, preferably in Financial Services in a similar position and environment
- A willingness to immerse yourself in our industry and learn the nuances of wealth management and operations