Hamilton Capital (Columbus, OH) Seeking Investment Operations Associate
Hamilton Capital is one of the nation’s largest independent, fee-only, registered investment advisory firms. We are headquartered in Columbus, OH and have a branch office in Palm Beach, FL. As a Registered Investment Advisor, we design and manage investment programs for institutions and help our private clients build, plan, and preserve wealth using these same institutional capabilities. We operate in a fiduciary role – providing the highest standard of care in creating comprehensive investment and financial solutions. Our professionals are experienced, credentialed, nationally recognized and have an uncompromising desire for excellence. At Hamilton Capital our Core Values are at the heart of what we do and guide us in every interaction with our clients, as well as our internal team members.
Serve First – Be Insightful – Guide Forward – Collaborate – Make it Happen
We are honored to have received many local and national recognitions including being named to the Financial Advisor magazine’s list of the nation’s largest independent advisors, Financial Times 300 a list of the “industry’s elite advisors”, as well as receiving the Columbus Business First FAST 50 award, as one of Central Ohio’s 50 fastest growing companies, for the 9th year.
We are seeking a dynamic professional to add to our Investment Operations team. The Investment Operations Associate will contribute to the team through daily trading duties, including calculation and execution, along with strategy-level trading facilitation. The individual will also support daily and timely maintenance and accuracy of HC’s portfolio management database, including new accounts setup and reconciliation. Additional responsibilities include generating, or supporting the generation of, quarterly client account statements and ad hoc statements/reports.
- Supportive, flexible, people-oriented culture and a professional yet family atmosphere
- Individual contribution and innovation is encouraged and recognized
- Personal and career development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
- Incentive Plan
- Investment management and financial planning services
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Learn intricacies of firm’s portfolio management database and other Investment Management Operations software.
- Effectively prioritize and execute required daily trades/tasks/actions/emails while meeting ongoing project deadlines.
- Manage daily download of data from custodian(s) into the database.
- Monitor client accounts and apply analytical skills to execute trades in the accounts according to firm philosophy, client expectations/requests, and strategy asset allocations.
- Understand trading details of firm’s investment vehicles, including initial investment restrictions, share class differences, and fees as they relate to each custodian.
- Prepare reports and communications for clients on investment portfolio details and billing.
- Support management of composite and benchmark performance.
- Learn all facets of investment operations to serve as a backup for daily operations within investment management operations.
- Determine effective solutions for questions, processes, and challenges using logic, judgement and applicable data.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of Associate’s degree plus commensurate work experience required (Business, Finance, or Accounting majors preferred).
- Series 65 or equivalent certification, preferred. (or attain post-hire).
- 1 3 years of relevant office experience required, with specific industry-related experience preferred.
- Experience working with portfolio management software, databases, portfolio accounting, and/or trading preferred.
- Broad understanding of financial markets and economic fundamentals helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented.
- Able to think strategically and about interconnections between processes.
- Solid quantitative skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel. Must be able to quickly adapt to new systems and learn industry-specific software specific to trading, reporting and operations used by the firm.
- Must have a desire to learn about and implement new technology as needed.
Interested? Apply through their website: https://hamiltoncapital.