MKD Wealth Coaches (Troy, MI) Seeking Investment Operations Specialist
Who We Are
MKD Wealth Coaches is an independent financial planning and wealth management firm located in Troy, Michigan. Our expertise is coaching entrepreneurs and families toward clarity around their finances in relation to both their personal lives and their businesses.
Who We Are Looking For
MKD is seeking a full-time Investment Operations Specialist. This is the perfect position for the person who finds their interests in the financial services industry intersect with Investments and Operations.
Primary duties include:
• Serving as point person with our research consulting partner: preparing monthly meeting agendas, synthesizing information received for both internal and external communications, and preparing alternative investment solutions for implementation (e.g., private funds, annuities, digital assets, etc.)
• Becoming the go-to on all things related to Black Diamond, our portfolio accounting and reporting software. Key duties include resolving performance and capital gain/loss issues, maintaining data feeds for held away accounts, and working with reports and data exports.
• Partnering with our Director of Operations on project work toward increasing operational efficiency and leveraging technology while adhering to regulatory compliance requirements.
• Aiding in the creation, maintenance, and monitoring of operational workflows.
• Assisting with bulk rebalancing as well as one-off trading.
• Performing client onboarding analysis to assist with capital gain issues, security restrictions and complex allocation design. Coordinating portfolio implementation between the advisor team who presents the recommendations and the ops team who implements the portfolio.
• Maintaining our investments slide library used for client meeting presentations.
Primary qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 3+ years investment and/or operations experience in the financial services industry
• Previous experience using Black Diamond and Redtail a plus
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy; takes pride in completing precise work
• Strong communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office apps, especially Excel
What We Offer
This is a salaried position with a complete benefits package, which includes the following: quarterly bonuses, 401(k) plan with company match, group health and dental insurance (or monthly stipend if not enrolled), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), company-paid disability and life insurance, paid time-off, and stock market holidays. We offer a hybrid work environment, and for this position, the capability of being fully remote. MKD seeks to hire great people and treat them well, providing a supportive and appreciative culture.
How We Hire
The recruitment process will include phone screens, interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check. Resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.