Penobscot Financial Advisors [Maine (hybrid)] Seeking Portfolio Admin/Analyst
The Portfolio Administrator at Penobscot Financial Advisors (PFA) is responsible for a variety of tasks which will support the team in delivering exceptional client service. This position will work closely with the Associate Portfolio Manager to maintain the Portfolio Accounting System, produce reports, process cash movements, and manage investment model data. This role will also include extensive coordination internally with the Operations, Investment & Compliance Committees, as well as externally with the firm’s custodians & software vendors. In addition to these core responsibilities, the Portfolio Administrator will tackle special projects and support Financial Advisors as necessary.
Strong technical skills and attention to detail are essential in order to maintain data integrity across multiple software platforms. Problem solving and communication skills will also be necessary to troubleshoot data issues with team members and external partners.
Position Reports To: Associate Portfolio Manager & Chief Operating Officer
Committee Involvement: Investment, Operations & Compliance Committees
- Maintain model portfolio targets and benchmarks in various software platforms.
- Set up new client accounts and portfolios in Portfolio Accounting System.
- Maintain Portfolio Accounting System and perform routine audits to ensure data accuracy.
- Manage data integrations and ensure consistency across platforms.
- Maintain internal investment commentary.
- Perform routine trading and cashiering requests as required by money movements in or out.
- Assist the Associate Portfolio Manager in rebalancing client portfolios.
- Generate performance reports and investment proposals.
- Collaborate with external custodial partners and software vendors to resolve issues.
- Collaborate with Investment & Operations Committees to complete special projects as needed.
- Assist in preparing financial plans and deliverables for Financial Advisors.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer in Fee Billing setup.
- Assist in monthly Business Intelligence reporting and audits.
- Serve as a Compliance delegate, supporting the CCO in email reviews, transaction and trading audits.
- Exceptional technical skill and experience with Excel; quick study with new technology.
- Self-motivated; ability to multi-task independently and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented; strong organizational skills.
- Team player; ability to collaborate and work with others.
- Ability to coordinate with Technology Vendor and Custodian contacts
- Excellent data management & problem solving skills.
- Ability to be proactive, and not reactive, to all aspects of daily job functions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and query databases.
- Possesses and exhibits a positive, friendly, can-do attitude.
Work Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study.
- Database management and/or accounting experience.
- Basic understanding of investment concepts and terminology.
- Experience working under a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) or a related field is preferred.
- Experience using Black Diamond and Redtail (or other CRM) is preferred.
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.