Progressive Investment Management (Portland, OR) seeking Client Services Manager
CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER
DESCRIPTION: Progressive Investment Management was founded with the vision of uniting social and environmental mission with customizable investment portfolios and attentive service to our clients. We are a small team of professionals who seek to keep the big picture in focus and strive for quality, kindness, and integrity throughout our work – and we are looking for our next team member. If you are knowledgeable in investment management operations, enjoy warmly engaging clients while delivering professional service, and like being part of a collaborative team, we’d love to meet you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Progressive’s Client Services Manager, your day to day work will intersect with our Investment Advisors, Portfolio Management and Trading, and Operations team members to ensure information is flowing and our systems are running smoothly. You will also regularly communicate with our clients, their service providers, and our custodian (Charles Schwab), anticipating questions or delivering timely clarifications. You will thrive in this position if you enjoy attending to the details of our clients’ experience, as well as mastery of the underlying systems and processes.
To help you determine if this opportunity is a good fit for you, we have compiled the following questions:
- Do you have high emotional intelligence and the ability to connect with clients’ goals and support them on a range of financial topics – answering questions, completing paperwork, and finding solutions?
- Are you confident in your ability to learn systems and processes with a large amount of detail?
- Are you well versed in the recordkeeping requirements of SEC compliance?
- Can you manage your own time effectively and work well with a team to make sure everyone has the time and information to do quality work?
- Do you enjoy taking initiative and making a meaningful impact within an established small firm?
- Work with clients and advisors by email, phone, and in-person to establish accounts, ensure client goals are translated through all systems, and coordinate onboarding process.
- Knowledge of Charles Schwab systems, including estate matters, trusts, donor advised funds, and pensions. Provide guidance to firm members on relevant procedures and documentation.
- Process and communicate with clients on requests such as asset transfers, address changes, RMD and ACH set-up, charitable gifts, tax statements, and more.
- Coordinate with clients’ service providers, such as estate attorneys, CPAs, and trustees, and other parties.
- Own the process of delivering accurate and timely quarterly reports to clients.
- Maintain client service and compliance files in CRM, document management system, and paper records.
- Attend industry education events; stay abreast financial services and technology to better meet client needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Education equivalent to a concentration in business, finance, or economics preferred.
- Experience: At least five years’ experience in investment management client services or at a brokerage house; experience with Charles Schwab preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of investment management, estates, and tax planning, including the legal framework of trust and estate administration.
- Proven ability in independent document interpretation, decision making regarding administration of account relationships, and interactions with professionals, such as CPAs and attorneys
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems with minimal guidance
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in use of computer systems including Schwab Advisor Center, Salesforce, Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with portfolio management software helpful.
- Demonstrates personal motivations and responsibility, with a commitment to the highest ethical and privacy standards.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong detail orientation to ensure accuracy of financial records, investment transactions, and compliance reports.
- Hold an active Oregon Notary commission, or willingness to obtain within the first 90 days after hire.
- Ability to work full-time in our Portland area office.
WHY JOIN PROGRESSIVE
Progressive values creating an environment where our team can deliver our best work for our clients and contribute to our broader mission. We are a registered Benefit Company and view business as a path to fight climate change and improve social equity. We strive to keep that ideal central in our investment process, our interactions with clients, and our business operations. In our day to day work, we value clear communication with kindness, all employees taking an owner mindset, integrity, and being accountable to one another. We also acknowledge the importance of life outside the office and our culture reflects that shared commitment.
Founded in 1982, Progressive Investment Management is considered a pioneer in the field of social and environmental investing. We are a fee-only Registered Investment Advisor serving high-net worth individuals, organizations, and mission-driven companies. We are focused on investment excellence with a disciplined, long-term approach. Our offerings include separate accounts with individual equities and bonds screened and selected by our investment team, as well as mutual funds. As of October 1, 2019 we have approximately $400 million in assets under management.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Total compensation for this role starts at $95,000.
Progressive’s competitive compensation and benefits package includes:
- 100% paid employee medical insurance (Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield, including vision)
- Health savings account, with generous employer contribution
- Vacation (three weeks in years 1-2), nine paid holidays, and sick leave
- 401(k) plan with 6% match
- Employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Bike commute and transit reimbursement
Please submit a resume and cover letter here to be considered for this role. No phone calls, please.
Applicants must have U.S. work authorization and be able to pass a background check. Progressive Investment Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strives to provide equal opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation including gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, domestic partner status, or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.