Sequoia Financial Group (Akron, OH) seeking Client Service Manager
Sequoia Financial Group is a growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), headquartered in Northeast Ohio, offering financial planning and wealth management services. At Sequoia, we exist with a singular purpose: to enrich lives. Our values define how we behave and guide us through the pursuit of our purpose to enrich lives. At Sequoia, our core values are:
Teamwork. We work selflessly to enrich the lives of our clients and our community.
Passion. We relentlessly pursue our full potential.
Integrity. We act in the best interest of others.
Summary of the position
We seek a motivated, self-starting, passionate team player to join our Akron office in the role of Client Service Manager. The Client Service Manager is a member of the Client Service organization that includes approximately 20 Client Service Associates located across Sequoia’s footprint. The Client Service Manager works with Advisors to support the day to day needs of our clients and manages a team of Client Service Associates.
- Manages a team of Client Service professionals and provides day to day coaching and development.
- Establishes efficient and balanced work flows that maximize capacity and produce high levels of service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Manages the engagement and performance of the team through one on one discussions about performance, projects, capacity, development objectives
- Leads performance reviews and goal setting
- Works with the VP of Client Service and HR to assist in recruiting and onboard new CSAs as applicable.
- Engages regularly with the VP of Client Service and other Client Service Managers to discuss team dynamics, engagement of the team, opportunities for improvement, risks and issues.
- Is a role model in setting the standard of care for our clients and coworkers.
- Communicates regularly with the team reinforcing company-wide messages and ensuring team feels connected to firm wide goals and initiatives and feels informed as new information is shared.
- Assists in establishing the team’s in-office schedule, helps manage coverage while supporting the team’s need for time off.
- Serves as a resource for questions or issues that need escalation while also providing direction and coaching for others to learn to find answers for themselves.
- Helps determine when to escalate client situations to managers at our custodians.
- May manage administrative support in the office.
- Provides oversight of expenses including approval of credit card transactions from the team and approval of time sheets and overtime for non-exempt staff.
- In addition to managing the team, also performs regular CSA duties for group of clients.
- Daily processing of client and advisor requests including new accounts, transfer of assets, money movements, meeting scheduling and preparation.
- Proactively supporting advisors by anticipating client needs and enabling advisors to maximize their time.
- Providing excellent client service by performing tasks timely, accurately and with clear communication to the client.
- Demonstrating professional communication skills with responses to clients, advisors, and team members by phone, email, and written communications.
- Using problem solving skills to create solutions for clients and advisors.
- Coordinating with our custodians and internal team members to follow up on and execute operational items in a timely manner.
- Utilizing internal contact management system for documentation of client data, tasks, financial accounts and policy adherence.
- Operating in a team-based environment where teammates help each other in times of heavy workload and are all working toward meeting the needs of the client.
- At least 5 years experience in Financial Services
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated project management skills
- Builds a culture of trust and transparency that fosters a positive work environment
- Ability to understand individual’s strengths and motivations in order to align work most effectively across the team
- Anticipates issues and engages support as needed to implement solutions
- Ability to be fair, impartial, and confidential when working with others
- Proficient in the use of SalesForce, Box, and Quip
- Good working knowledge of Tamarac transactional database, portal access and running reports
- Understands the full process of client Prospecting, Onboarding, and Ongoing Service.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in a process-driven fast-paced work environment
- Previous management experience preferred
- Conflict management skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Leads by example
- Can inspire others
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Passion to learn and grow
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and requests from direct reports, advisors, and clients
- Persistence in follow up to accomplish objectives
- Positive frame of mind with a resilient attitude
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills
Interested? Apply here.