Veris Wealth Partners (Portsmouth, NH) Seeking Chief Operations Officer
Supervisor’s Title: CEO
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is a leader in the firm and will partner closely with the CEO to help Veris achieve its financial and impact goals. The COO is responsible for managing, designing, implementing, and maintaining the operations of the firm to include but not limited to assuring cohesion in day-to-day operations in accordance with Veris policies and goals. The COO will participate in all aspects of budgeting, business planning and strategic planning. The COO is responsible for developing, maintaining, and assuring effectiveness and efficiency of existing workflows, processes, and systems firm wide.
- Partner with the CEO in designing, executing, and managing the business plan that implements the vision and strategic direction of the firm, including long-range capacity planning.
- Take part in the executive team of the firm
- Manage and monitor operations relative to the plan, including making necessary adjustments to the firm’s structure, processes, systems, and organizational capabilities.
- Manage the firm-level and oversee department level key performance indicator (KPI) dashboard including data collection, monitoring and reporting.
- Direct the organization’s support and administration functions including the oversight and administration of all contracts and vendors
- Manage corporate liability, errors, and omissions, and other insurance policies. Oversee facilities management, office maintenance, and tenant relationships.
- Oversee firm policies and procedures, and contribute to human resource, compliance, accounting, and financial controls, as further described below.
- Champion the development, refinement, documentation and communication of the firm’s processes and procedures, ensuring enforceable policies with clearly identified accountability.
- Ensure efficient project management practices and project implementation.
- Identify, pilot, and integrate new technology platforms as appropriate.
- Contribute as relevant to regulatory compliance function and take part in the Compliance Committee
- Design client-centric standard operating procedures to assure that Veris clients feel they are receiving the best, most personalized service possible.
- Oversee portfolio administration function and ensure the provision of operational support to the firm’s advisory team. Manage and systematize information transfer between advisory team and client service team with effective CRM practices.
- In coordination with the advisory team, assist in the development and refinement of a unified service model and client service procedures.
- Lead all budgeting and financial planning for the firm
- Create and manage the firm’s operating budget. Lead annual GAAP audit.
- Lead Finance Committee
- Manage quarterly reporting process to Partners
- Manage book keeper and accountants
- May have Direct Reports, Indirect Reports and/or Dotted-Line Reports such as but not limited to: Chief Client Services Officer (CCSO), Operations Director (OOD), CSAs and National CSAs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of the firm’s investment philosophy, sustainability vision and work, product offerings, and operational practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and active experience/skills leading and managing firm-wide operations.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and executing strategic thinking with a record of accomplishing high-level goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and sustainability initiatives of Veris Wealth Partners.
- Demonstrated financial management skills, including knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Demonstrated project and vendor management skills.
- Demonstrated supervision, management and leadership skills to foster employee capabilities and success.
- Demonstrated commitment to EDI practices and demonstrated alignment with Veris values, mission and vision.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 10 or more years’ experience in design and implementation of broad scope business process improvement programs and system upgrades to include vendor selection and client interface.
- 10 or more years of Client Service, Operations, Financial Planning, and Wealth Management to the role preferably in a high-net-worth impact Wealth Management.
- 5 or more years of experience in, ESG, impact investing or a demonstrated commitment to the values and mission of the firm.
- 5 or more years’ experience management level personnel engaged in large scale operation initiatives with experience at the C-level preferred.
- 10 or more years’ management experience and a demonstrated track record as an effective leader.
- 5 or more years managing the departments, functions, and employees of a financial services firm, such as: advisor and investment operations, financial technology, compliance, office management, accounting, Human Resources, and benefits administration.
Physical and Mental Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, observe, type, see, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; bend or stoop; reach with hands and arms. Limited walking may be required.
Travel as needed, may vary up to 25%.