Veris Wealth Partners (San Francisco, CA) seeking Operations Manager
Veris Wealth Partners is a leading impact wealth management firm. Founded in 2007, Veris serves individuals, families and foundations seeking market performance and social gain by aligning their wealth with their values. Veris delivers comprehensive wealth management, including investment management, trust and philanthropic strategies, with an emphasis on impact and sustainable investing.
Veris is a proud Best for the World® Overall Honoree (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013).
Veris has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Portsmouth, NH, and Boulder, CO. For more information, please visit our website: www.veriswp.com.
This role is ideal for a candidate interested in both socially responsible investing and systems/operations, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Operations Manager will have a national role of managing firm wide operations, under the supervision of the COO, but will also support the Chief Compliance Officer at times. This role will be based in San Francisco, California.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing, designing, implementing and maintaining the operations activities of the firm including day-to-day operations in accordance with the policies and goals of the firm. The Operations Manager has responsibility for workflow, processes and systems firm wide.
This position will support Veris’ transition to improved systems and processes. The role also requires creative thinking and an entrepreneurial attitude, especially around system design. Lastly, as Veris has a highly collaborative culture, the Operations Manager will be required to educate, support and collaborate with colleagues in different offices on a daily basis.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Veris team nationwide on all operational matters as needed
- Maintain constant communications with management, staff and vendors to ensure proper operations of the Firm
- Work with COO to grow the efficiency of existing firm processes and procedures and improve systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer request for reports
- Work with COO to manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent client service
- Identify potential business risks, develop & implement mitigation plans
- Identify potential enhancements and manage implementation plans
- Manage Operations master project list and work on additional projects as needed
- Identify and manage firm Vendors by fostering positive relationships
- Proactively manage system enhancements for effective rollout and escalate/resolve service issues to support firm needs
- Represent the firm professionally to vendors, partners, internal and external clients
- Chair Policy and Procedures Committee and participate in firm’s Data Security Team
- Design employee training programs and provide ongoing support to employees as needed
- Manage employee system’s access including employee onboarding and terminations
- Maintain client relationship management databases and systems including firm shared folders, Salesforce, Mailchimp, Sharefile, eMoney, etc.
- Support firm technology needs by proactively managing firm’s IT needs
- Attend compliance and continuing education training sessions as required by regulatory agencies, and the firm
- Attend local impact investing and financial industry events
- Continue awareness and education of business-related news, articles, etc.
- Commitment to impact investing and/or the advancement of environmental and social sustainable practices
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required
- Experience with Salesforce required
- Minimum Bachelor of Science or Arts. Degree in finance or computer engineering preferred.
- Experience with the financial industry, or wealth management preferred
- Proven aptitude for qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Strong project management skills
- Vendor management experience preferred
- Strong systems orientation coupled with the ability to design efficient systems to seek productivity
- Minimum of three-years’ work experience with IT, IS and Operations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and passion for achievement
- Entrepreneurial spirit/can-do positive attitude
- Detail oriented
- Life-long learner
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will be determined by a number of factors including educational background and experience. Veris Wealth Partners has a generous benefits package including health, disability and life insurance, and the opportunity to participate in the firm’s 401k retirement plan.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter by February 7, 2020 outlining your specific interest in this opportunity to David@newlevelresources.com with Veris/Operations Manager and your name written in the subject line. Resumes will be reviewed as received.